Shon Coleman, Auburn LT (JR)
Height – 6’6
Weight – 313
- Big, strong, and athletic.
- Pass sets are so natural. Short, quick, balanced steps.
- Very good with hands in pass pro. Has a strong/quick punch.
- Does a very good job resetting.
- Very calculated in run game, technique is very sound but also has tremendous power.
- Great athlete in space. Moves effortlessly, especially for his size.
- Can be a little hesitant in run game, particularly targeting in 2nd level.
I really struggled to find many weaknesses in his game. He is such a natural athlete and is an ideal LT. Great size, power, athleticism, and technique. So natural in pass pro and is able to handle both speed and power rushers with ease. He is physically dominant in the run game when he makes the decision. Has the potential to be a top 3 LT at the next level.
7.3 (Top 5-10 Pick)
Germain Ifedi, Texas A&M LT (JR)
Height – 6’6
Weight – 330
- Tremendous size and very good strength.
- Anchors very well against power rushers and shows good leg drive in run game.
- Good length.
- Feet are pretty slow (they are not terrible for his size, but they are pretty slow).
- Hand placement is bad. Arms get way too wide and he has no punch because of it.
- Gets started way too early almost every snap (more than likely trying to compensated because of his slow feet against speed rushers on outside). This paired with his hand placement look to make him a penalty machine.
His film this past year made him look like a mid round prospect. I know he is being talked about as a 1st or 2nd round talent (and he very well may go in that range), but his film this year just did not show that. Now, he has the measurables to become a much better player, but his feet will always be slow. I see him as a RT or G at the next level, but like him much better at G. Think if asked to play outside, speed rushers will eat his lunch consistently.
6.4 (3rd Round)
Taylor Decker, Ohio St. LT (SR)
Height – 6’7
Weight – 315
- Massive man, a lot of strength.
- Very strong in run game. Shows great leg drive and always gets push.
- Strong punch and hands. When he gets his hands on you it is tough to beat him.
- Waist bender. Really struggles to reset.
- Feet are OK for his size, not great though (not exactly a weakness but not a strength).
He doesn’t look like a 1st round pick to me (maybe late 1st). He screams RT to me at the next level because of his run blocking ability and he is just OK in pass pro. Better suited to be able to handle power rush than quicker guys on the edge. He may be able to fill in here and there on the left side, but definitely looks like a RT to me.
6.6 (2nd Round)